Weird Excuses for Being Late to Work
If you’re like me, there are days when you hit the snooze button on your alarm or phone at least 27 times. Eventually you get up, throw on some clothes without the pretense that it’s actually an outfit and slink into work, as if you’ve been there the last hour. Sure, we’ve all had rough mornings, and sometimes the weirdest things do happen that prevent us from getting to work on time. A CareerBuilder survey revealed that sixteen percent of workers reported arriving late to work at least once a week or more. In addition, more workers said they arrived late to work at least once a month, with 27 percent admitting to being tardy.
- Employee thought they had won the lottery (They didn’t).
- Employee got distracted watching the “Good Morning America.”
- Employee’s angry roommate cut the cord to his phone charger, so it didn’t charge and his alarm didn’t go off.
- Employee believed his commute time should count toward his work hours.
- Employee claimed a mountain lion stole their car keys.
- Employee’s leg was trapped between the subway car and the platform (turned out to be true).
- Employee said he wasn’t late, because he had no intention of getting to work before 9am (his start time was 8am).
- Employee was late because of a job interview with another company.
- Employee had to take a personal call from the state governor (turned out to be true).
This article was written by email@example.com